Help!I want to make a preloader in my page!But i Can't

I want to make a preloader in my page…Can anyone help me???

If you are using flash 5.0 only…

Free Preloader… easy to use… just plug it in.

(I opted to post this in it’s own thread for the sake of the title.)
HELLO FLASHERS!!!

you asked for it, you got it. You want to learn no scripting in life… now you can get by without it. (just kidding. )

1)Open this zip (www.mycgiserver.com/~upuaut/preloadclip.zip) and take out the flash movie inside.

2)Open the flash movie and save it to your hard drive somewhere.

3)Inside there is a movie clip called preloaderclip. Take this clip and place it in the first frame of any animation.

It’s as simple as that… no a/s changes are required…

4)It has two functions. The first is that it stops the main time line. It detects the number of bytes of info which make up what ever movie it’s in. It displays both the total bytes of the movie, but also the number of bytes loaded, and finaly, when it sees that everything is loaded, it starts the main time line again.

Have fun with it. it’s open source, so play around… change the interface, ect.
This clip only works in Flash5.0… so there you have the warning. Hope it works for you… if you need more explination let me know.

To see it working, click here…www.mycgiserver.com/~upuaut/preloadertest.swf
… but be warned the swf which is loading is huge in order for me to see if the preloader was working… it’s just a bunch of filler picks from my colorado trip… so it’s really not worth waiting for… this is just to check out the byte’s loading function.

Ps, if you’re using flash 4.0… let me know.

Preloader

1,select the first frame of the animation
2, select ‘Basic Actions’ and go to ‘if frame is loaded’
3, scene – 1 for eg
type &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - frame number
frame – enter the number of the last frame in the animation so that all the frames will be downloaded before the action happens, then double click on ‘Play’ in the ‘basic actions’

4, To create space for the preloader ‘select all’ and move the entire animation down a few frames.

5, create the preloader on a new layer and name it preloader

6, makes sure the preloader ends on the key frame b4 the main movie starts

7, delete actions ‘if frame loaded’ in the first frame
If frame loaded (no.of last frame in main nim)
Go to and play (no.of first frame of the nim)

8, When nim is loaded the preloader will jump out of the loop and start playing the index.htm

1.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp A DIFFERENT WAY TO CREATE THE SAME EFFECT IS USING ‘_framesloaded’. THIS GIVES YOU THE FLEXIBILTY TO SPECIFY THE NUMBER OF FRAMES , NOT JUST THE WHOLE MOVIE, THAT NEED TO BE LOADED BEFORE THE NIM STARTS PLAYING. TO TRY THIS, DELETE THE EXISTING ACTION AND SELECT THE VERY FIRST FRAME.

1. With frame one selected – click on ‘object actions’ and double click on ‘if’. A line will appear at the bottom, requiring different strings.

2. Open ‘properties’ list and double click on ‘_framesloaded’ icon

3. Open the operators list and double-click on the ‘==’.
    In the text field at the bottom of the panel, type the number of the last frame in your movie after ‘==’

4. So when the number of the frames equals the number in the movie, we need to tell the movie to do something.

5. Add a ‘go to’ action and enter the beginning of your nim as the ‘frame’ value.

6. If the condition is not met, you need to tell your movie to do something else.

7. Open the ‘Actions’ list again and choose ‘else’. Finally, add another ‘Go to’ after this, except this time setting the
    target frame to ‘1’ (the beginning of the preloader loop).

Leanne