Help Runniong Swift 3d I get error msg

Hello I recently installed Swift3d and attempted to run the .exe but got 2 error msg’s instead. They read \r"Swift3d.exe file is linked to missing export advapi32.DLL:GetcurrentHwProfileA."\rand–\r"A device attached to the system is not functioning."\r\rMy PC runs on Win95,64 RAM, and 3gig HD.\rWhat is worng with my PC it has run everything else just fine. Do I have to return Swift3d or is there a solution to my problem???\r\rThankyou for your time,\rdedeburn

Hello,\rTry uninstalling Swift 3D and re-installing it. It may be some faulty DLL that was not loaded properly during the main setup. Also, as a precautionary note, have the latest graphics drivers for your card installed. Try contacting Electric Rain as well, they are the makers of the program and should have some notes on why this error occurs.\r\rI hope that helps. If you have any further questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reply back.\r\rRegards,\rKirupa Chinnathambi\r[email protected]

I tried re-installing it. I was told that ver.1.00 had a bug that won’t run on Win95 but Electric Rain released a slightly newer version that runs on Win95. I’ll contact them. Have you guys heard of this or am I being misinformed?? What is the newer release version?? I am confused.

I’m having the same problem and I can’t get help from E Rain because I lost my code. Can someone help me?

If you are still having problems, please drop me an E-mail at [email protected]. I’ll do what ever I can to help you resolve these problems. \rSincerely,\rWalter Beamer\rElectric Rain, Inc.\rSoftware Engineer

hi,i have exactly the same problem, did you fixed it?\rplease give me a response at [email protected]\r\r\rHello I recently installed Swift3d and attempted to run the .exe but got 2 error msg’s instead. They read \r"Swift3d.exe file is linked to missing export advapi32.DLL:GetcurrentHwProfileA."\rand–\r"A device attached to the system is not functioning."\r\rMy PC runs on Win95,64 RAM, and 3gig HD.\rWhat is worng with my PC it has run everything else just fine. Do I have to return Swift3d or is there a solution to my problem???\r\rThankyou for your time,\rdedeburn

Hello,\rTry emailing Electric Rain support directly. You can visit www.erain.com (eLECTRICrain’s site) or at the email address in the previous post above yours.

the answer is simple…\r\rswift was made to run under a windows 98 platform so if ur running windows 95 it aint gonna work… u need a special patch file that erain has so contact them for it if u must but u can also just upgrade to windows 98 and it will work automatically. this happened to me and i couldnt be f@*$%! contackting erain so i decided to upgrade to win 98 and now no probs.\r\rhope it helped