Help with my game

[font=Palatino Linotype]Can someone please help me? I am trying to build a side scrolling game in flash. I need help with controlling the character.[/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype]I want my character to move his legs when you hold down the arrow key. I have tried everything I can think of, and used multiple tutorials. Also, I can’t figure out how to shoot enemies and have them shoot me (That sounded crazy)[/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype]I have seen it before in other games (Alloy: Arena) and I wish to emulate that effect.[/font]

Thanks.

I have a game I made a while ago that has all of that except for the enemies “shooting” back at you. Send me a PM if you want it, because it is too big ( 1.5 megs) to upload here. You can use it for reference and pick it apart if you would like.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Thanx![/font] I really appreciate it.

well sorri to say if u dont understand how to move a character with actionscript u will not be able to make a game, let alone a game like allow arena, you need to have a basic understanding of the code ur using. And dont be a n00bface and copy and paste code u dont understand.

Well, considering all the variable names would be completely different, and how the movieclips interact with each other, copying and pasting code is not going to work. Next time, try some constructive feedback.

I have fixed all the problems. The point is learning (keyword: learning) to do the code. Through the code I recieved, I managed to learn (there’s the keyword again, remeber it) how to code Movieclips in a simple way. I am sure you copied code when before you became a Flash "expert"that nevers needs help and memorised the AS dictionary.