Hey! Check!

Look At This Link…

How do I get that litle scroll thing to have a black background and white text? and how can I move it down some odd spaces and make the scroll arrow colors different than the whole thing?

HELP!! THANKS

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<--
body {
scrollbar-base-color: #FFFFFFF ;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #000000 ;
scrollbar-3d-light-color: #FFFFFFF ;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000 ;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #FFFFFFF ;
scrollbar-face-color: #FFFFFFF ;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000 ;
scrollbar-track-color: #FFFFFFFF ; 
}
-->
</STYLE>

Inser that code between the head tags of your HTML page.

Change the colors to whatever you want. Experiment to see what each element changes.

Didn’t Help… :frowning:

You must not of done it right because it I copied and pasted that right from a file on my comp that I did. All I did was change the colors in it so you wouldn’t have the original colors I used.

Im not talking about the overall colors of the bars… I want the background of the miniscroll bar thing to be black… with white font… and have that scroll button a different color than the normal one…

Ok, well the above code creates the colored scrollbars.

The mini window is done with what is known as an iframe tag.

Here is how to execute one of those…

<iframe name="nameHere" align="middle" frameborder="0" height="295" scrolling="yes" width="509" src="content.html"></iframe>

What an iframe tag does is load an external .html file into a mini window (frame). So you will change the background color and text color in your HTML page.

Thx! Ill let you kno how it turns out…

Hope it works out good:) If not I will see what I can do.

Nah thats not what I need. I want it like the page on http://www.spitflames.com/index2.html <— i want the scroll bar objec thingy… can I change the font color in there?? I want the background black and the font white… and can I insert **** into that?

http://www.spitflames.com/sykull.html <— thats what it gave me…

Check the .zip file. According to what you are saying I am going to assume my example is of what you want.

I am assuming by scroll bar object thingie you are referring to the iframe, since that is the only thing there besides the buttons.

My example gives you an iframe with a black background, white text, and the colored scroller. I think it might cover all.

If I am misunderstanding can you specify more?

^THAT IS WHAT I WANT!! The black background and the white text but a smaller page… i mean… i can insert it on the page like on http://www.spitflames.com/index2.html !! plz help me

GET ON AIM!!

Ok, I am on AIM…haha :stuck_out_tongue:

@lostinbeta: iframes? gee, im disappointed. dont teach such **** to the newbies. Not many browsers have iframe support. Samegoes for the CSS scrollbar colors. You need IE 6 for that. Anyway, are iframes even included in the w3c HTML4.01 standard? IIRC they aint, and that means you really shouldnt be teachin it…anyway…if your CSS thingy didnt help him out im not quite sure what hes askin for. I visited the site and it seems ok to me…

Haha, my site uses CSS and Iframes out the wazoo. I prefer Iframes over regular frames if used correctly.

Besides, I already started. I guess I have to finish what I started. Newbies have to start somewhere right?

<B>EDIT: </B>And yes, iframes are now a standard. They even work in Netscape now. If anything works in Netscape, you KNOW it has to be standard :stuck_out_tongue: But other than the fact that it works in NS, it is a standard.

Well, well…guess it is then. Still, iframes look much too newbieish. And with that i of course dont say “go use regular frames” for thats the same ****, ya know. I prefer tables and additionally SSI’s.

I hear ya on that one.

My current site was just me experimenting with iframes and such. I will tell ya, they are a pain in the arse to organize and get right (I did like my result, no matter how newbieish or tacky iframes made it look:)) .

I think I am going to stick with my tables and SSI for my next version. Or perhaps I will incorporate my current knowledge of PHP in there.

Aah, i know a little php, but im on ASP education in school. With the experience ive got from the both languages i can tell that they are very similar and i guess that with full skills in either one you are able to achieve pretty much the same stuff…

Anyway, iframes are pretty handy imo, but if you want to make a REAL site which fits EVERYONE you shouldnt use it (in school we aint allowed to make sites which contains stuff beyond the basic and 100% proper)

Yeah, but for a personal site I think you are allowed to bend the rules anyway you see fit. After all, it is yours, and you are allowed to make it look however you want.

As for if you are making a professional page, you need to stick with the rules. Iframes and frames are OUT in that situation.

I agree with you on that one Abraxxas.

Yep, cant say anything negative about that man…
for example i almost never use the quotesigns for values where they aint needed when im coding at home. Ok, so some browsers may not be able to view them, but on the whole, it might save me about 5-6 seconds or something, so who can care about everyone anyway? =D

I mean…if its only a personal site, like youve said, its not that important, but for a company of course youve got to…aw, screw it anyway, im just sayin the same stuff as you right?`Aint no good at this :confused:

Either way: i agree