Hover Captions...again

Hi,\r\rI asked before, but haven’t heard if anyone has encountered the similar problem. Anyone out there make a hover caption and when the page loads it follows the cursor everywhere, minus the text, and only works properly after you Rollout - I have tried everything.\r\rcome now, someone must have screwed things up like I have,\r\rCheers,\r\rBeano

You can try that :

onClipEvent (load) {\r\r  this._alpha = 0 ;\r\r}

pom 0]

Hey,\r\rThanks for the suggestion. \r\ronClipEvent (enterFrame) {\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp if (_root.x==1) {\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp this._alpha = 40;\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp } else {\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp this._alpha = 0;\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp }\r}\r\rThis is the current code I used from the hover caption tutorial here. I replaced the code with your sugestion, but the same problem occured. so I had to change the text box to the background color. I lose the box around the text, but you now only see the words when you actually hover. Problem not sloved, but the effect works for me.\r\rThanks for your help.\r\rBeano

No no no. Send me your fla, I’ll check it. And by the way, it was onClipEvent (load) in my last post…\r\rpom 0]

Hey,\r\rWill do - I’ll send the FLA when I get me butt home. But have you had a peek at the Hover captions tutorial? Are you suggesting that the code is wrong? \r\rTill we meet again,\r\rBeano

Actually, I read that tutorial quickly, and I made my own hover caption from it (a little bit better :smiley: ) but basically it’s exactly the same thing. And it’s working. But if it’s not working for you, what I wrote may be a solution.\r\rpom 0]

Hey,\r\rYeah, it still isn’t working the way it should. I’d certainly love to see the tutorial you wrote - Care to share???\r\rThanks,\r\rBeano

No no no, I didn’t write a tutorial, I made a slightly different Hover Caption.\rSo there’s a clip called ** tooltip**, containing a texte whose VAR is ** texte**, and a background movie clip called ** bkg**. On Cli :

OnClipEvent (load) {\r\r  this.swapDepths (10000) ;\r\r  this.bkg._alpha = 0 ;\r\r  this.texte = " ";\r\r}\r\ronClipEvent (enterFrame) {\r\r  this._x = _root._xmouse ;\r\r  this._y = _root._ymouse ;\r\r}

Then on the buttons :

on (rollOver) {\r\r  _root.tooltip.bkg._alpha = 75 ;\r\r  _root.tooltip.texte = "Yo tell me what you want what you really really want" ;\r\r}on (rollOut) {\r\r  _root.tooltip.texte = " " ;\r\r  _root.tooltip._alpha = 0 ;\r\r}

I hope it will help.\r\rpom 0]