How can I achieve this type of grundge effect?

Can anyone advise me on creating something like this. A grundge type of effect that is seamless and realistic. It almost looks like its been done outside of photoshop. Almost like a rough wall paper texture effect.

Any help appreciated, as I am aiming for a high resolution background with something similar in mind. Tutorials or anything that can help greatly appreciated.