How do you think they did that?

http://www.nokia.co.uk/evolve

Move your mouse over the circle of smaller phones…

What do you think?

Looks good.

Is each phone a movie clip, the play head moving up and down the time line depending on how far away the mouse is?

I’m guessing.

*edit:

*I decompiled it. It’s an FLV of the phone rotating, embedded into the SWF. As your mouse gets closer, they reposition and scale the object with code, and play through the FLV. :thumb:

[QUOTE=Anogar;2338286]*edit:

*I decompiled it. It’s an FLV of the phone rotating, embedded into the SWF. As your mouse gets closer, they reposition and scale the object with code, and play through the FLV. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

:beer:

I thought that instead of having different movieclips, they could have done the whole thing in only one flv and play through it to reduce the cpu usage, instead of playing lots of movieclips with the same flv in each of them.

How is it possible to scale an flv and still look so good? I mean, when you scale a bitmap in flash you see lots of aliasing, and the scaled flv looks perfectly antialiased. Is there any property in as3 to do that or something?

It’s an embedded FLV, so it’s basically just a sequence of frames. You can set the FLV to smooth when scaled, just like any bitmap, so if you don’t scale it too dramatically it’ll look totally fine.