Http://animation.centerspin.com/

Well… it’s not free of bugs, but if anyone wants to check out the basis of my new site, here it is

http://animation.centerspin.com/

Mind you, you are welcome to give comments, but I’m already aware of most of the bugs… so lets try to be nice.

Some sluggishness will be repared when I fix a couple of timing issues.

Spelling check has not been completed site wide yet.

Still a couple of broken links…

Lots and lots of work to do. :0

Hey David,
The site is really nice! The colors and everything else make it look like it came from the future!! I like the automatic scroller that scrolls the text depending on where the mouse position is. One problem that I had was that the text scrolled very quickly. Unless I used the scrollbars (I think), I was unable to accurately scroll down only a few lines without suddenly having jumped, in actuality, almost a page =)

BTW: Thanks for including my name on the credits film reel!

Cheers!
Kirupa :q:

This is pretty good, but as Kirupa said, that text scrolling thing can be a pain, even if you move your mouse a little bit you get so lost that it’s hard to find where you left off again. Also maybe add a draggable area of the scrollbar so you don’t have to wait and wait til you get so a certain point.

I think the scrolling thing was my only “beef” with your site. I thought the animations were great, especially that robot…haha, he’s awesome!

Thanks for the imput. Yeah I’m having issues with that scroller method as well…

I’d agree that the auto scrolling is very sensitive, but since there’s the option to turn it off it’s not too much of a gripe.

I do like the little circle preloader doodad in the corner. :slight_smile:

ok I need people to try it again.

It is now set to “locked” by default, and I’ve reset the way that it detects and scrolls so that you really have to be right up to the edge of the top or bottem to make it scroll at all.

Try it out again, let me know what you all think

Much better david :slight_smile: Definitely easier to control now.

That robot you made in 3D Max is the shizznit bro, I love it, noticed him on your www.centerspin.com construction page, can’t wait to see your finished site!

GREAT site. i like the use of color. and wow i amde your credits. thanx bro !

For the record… the robot that’s currently up was made by hand in Flash… the origional which it’s based upon was made entirely in Swift 3D.

Just so people know that they can make things like that with a most basic program.

VTS made the credits?? of course. You’re a great inspiration.

I am sorry david, I just can not pass this up…

<B>Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto</B>

domo, domo

and for us old timers

"thank you very much-o, mr roboto, for helping me escape, just when I needed to, thank you… yeah I want to thank you… "

(I once worshiped styxx, for some reason that I cannot at this time fathom.)

Might as well give the complete lyrics…

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Mata ah-oo hima de
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Himitsu wo shiri tai

You’re wondering who I am-machine or mannequin
With parts made in Japan, I am the modren man

I’ve got a secret I’ve been hiding under my skin
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.
So if you see me acting strangely, don’t be surprised
I’m just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide
To keep me alive-just keep me alive
Somewhere to hide to keep me alive

I’m not a robot without emotions-I’m not what you see
I’ve come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
I’m not a hero, I’m not a saviour, forget what you know
I’m just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control
Beyond my control-we all need control
I need control-we all need control

I am the modren man, who hides behind a mask
So no one else can see my true identity

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo…domo
Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For doing the jobs that nobody wants to
And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For helping me escape just when I needed to
Thank you-thank you, thank you
I want to thank you, please, thank you

The problem’s plain to see: too much technology
Machines to save our lives. Machines dehumanize.

The time has come at last
To throw away this mask
So everyone can see
My true identity…
I’m Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy!

And I’m lost.

Is this an American thing???

Queen came out with a night at the opera
Pink Floyed came out with the wall
and the Who came out with Tommy

The group called Styx, came out with a futuristic rock opera based upon the premises set down in Fritz Lang’s Metropolis. called “Kilroy was here” (1985)

That’s the main climax song from the rock opera.

Personaly I find Styx to be more than a little trite… but Denise Young is a pretty good singer even if he can’t write a song to save his life.

Very nice, upu. I like it very much. I wish I could do a site like that…

pom :asian:

You could. It takes a lot of planning, and testing is all.

I’m going to set up a section that just shows the non working models that I was trying out before evolving it to it’s current state. Keep in mind that this site is 6 months worth of work. I may have put the working model together in 2 weeks (which is good I’ll admit) but the planning was far off and long ago.

I’m glad you like it though, and that I’ve gotten so much posative feedback on it so far. I really appreciate the opinions of the people here at Kirupa, especially yours Pom.

There are still bugs to work out. My tutorials don’t technicaly work yet. There are diagrams that are suposed to have dynamicaly created buttons, which are supposed to apear on the right hand side. I’ll tell you… if anyone can solve the problem that lostinbeta and I are having it would be a big help.

He’s going to work on it today as soon as I send him something… but, this is the deal.

I like the chromless windows. I want to be able to use that. I know it limits my mac users to 4.5 and above on IE but I have to make that sacrifice if I can figure out how to do it.

Namely, I want to be able to use the code in a/s to produce the getUrl call to the javascript, but I want the name of the html page that it links to to be dynamic.

Interesting idea, and certainly worth adding to that tutorial if we can figure it out. I’m breezing through my php books to see if I can find a way of doing a dynamic javascript that way…,.

anyway… that’s all for the diagrams on the site. I’d rather not shorten my text field in order to have those diagrams displayed.

On top of that, I really need to go through and clean up redundant code, but it’s so confusing at this point that I don’t know what to do that doesn’t break how the thing works. It is far too sluggish at a couple of points though.

oh yeah… and I don’t have a preloader type dohicky that lets me tell the user that the xml is in the middle of being sorted and that no action can occure while that’s going on. Either that or I have to make it quick enough that they don’t notice the delay.

so many things to do… aaaaahhh.

but, I’ve been good. I took a break yesterday entirely from the site and just worked on some art work and things. Probebly I’ll get back to serious work on saturday. I’d like to get the tutorial section working by the end of this coming week at the latest.

I’m also working on a moock robot. On his asdg web page he’s got the little moock alien. I want to do something similar with the robot guy. He’s a little complex at this point though… I need to scale him down and then see what needs to be removed in order to speed up his movement.

again… thanks for the input. I hope people keep visiting and testing and giving it to me. I know it needs work. :slight_smile:

What is that problem exactly? Maybe I can help (even though Flash 5 has gone out of my mind…).

pom :asian: