I'm a Flash Newbie

I just got this program and I tell you, lol, there is alot to it!!

I have really been reading your tutorials over and over to try and get the gist of things, but man, this is hard.

Now I read your button Tutorials but you never say how you get them to change colors and stuff??? And if I just click Insert>Add Symbol and press button and name it this seperate big screen comes up and I don’t know what to do???

I don’t know if you understand what i’m sayin…But can someone help?

that big screen that comes up should be where you put actions on your buttons and stuff… if you want to put an action say on the up, over, down and hit of a button that’s where you do it…

i’m kind of new at this too but I figure that’s what the big screen aside from the scene screen is all about.

hope that helps. :slight_smile:

HAHA I am somewhat new too.

When you go to Insert/Add Symbol the big screen that shows up is where you draw your button. There are 4 frames in the Timeline, these are UP, OVER, DOWN, and HIT

The UP frame is where you draw you button. It is what it should look like with NO mouse over it.

The OVER frame is where you can change the colors of your button. You can see the change when the mouse moves over the button. If you want to use the same frame for the button in UP, just right click in the OVER frame and hit INSERT KEYFRAME, and edit the button from there.

The DOWN button is what your button will look like when you CLICK it.

The HIT button, I have no clue, all I know is that if you want an invisible button, draw it and slide the keyframe ALL the way to HIT, and leave the UP, OVER, and DOWN as Blank Keyframes.

I am so bad at explaining stuff, so if you are confused, feel free to ask.