Image Scroller Help:

Hey, my name is Joseph and I was looking for some useful info on completing a present task. I am not new to Flash, but I am having some issues with a current project where I am trying to execute a continuos scrolling effect with images coming in from left to right and right to left.

Sample of what I am looking for ( http://fwv-us.com )

This demonstrates the scrolling effect I want, as I have previously tried using the actionscript below, but can only get the left-side to work; thus the images coming from the left to right work fine, but from right to left, it does not execute…

//this is the left side clips ActionScript
onClipEvent(enterFrame){
_x=_x+2;
if(_x>=484){
_x=-360;
}
}

The images you see coming in from left to right vise versa are actually broken up into five images aligned side-by-side. They are individual movie clips nested inside a parent clip where the above action is applied to each of the five individual clips. Again, it works on the left side, but not the right…

I am accepting of other methods oppose to this as well… :wink:

Any help and/or resources would be much appreciated, thanks in advance…

–Joe

Assuming you are placing this on the parent clip containing the images, and there are 2 parent clips, 1 going the the right and one going to the left
Do this to go right:

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
this._x += 2;
if(this._x >= 484){
this._x =- 360;
}
}

Do this to go left:

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
this._x -= 2;
if(this._x <= 484){ //assuming 484 is the center
this._x = 360; //360 needs to be the far right side boundary
}
}

Good Luck if you need more help you might have to post an fla, if you are worried about your fla being stolen pm it to me or you can attach it to an email to
shawn[at]veuphoria[dot]com however, the more eyes that see it the more help you are likely to recieve.

cool deal… I will def do that… i’ll try this approach first before I send the .fla thanks again…

–Joe