Images in flash file missing pixels?

Hi there,

I’m having a problem which I have had before. When building websites in flash I often import images (jpg or gif) and when I do it sometimes seems as if at one point in the image it misses a row or pixels, so it looks like there’s a line/row of pixels missing from the picture.

I’m now building a website which has a pixel heavy oriented design and can’t use any missing pixels and that messes up the design. Does anyone understand the problem and maybe have a solution to it? I’m no expert with this, so any tips would be usefull.

Thanks very much!

ROB

what Tim taught me is maybe lower the opacity to like 95% on the jpg. Also use .png instead of .gifs or something…

hmm, but I need it for a dotted line framework, which I tried to make with the line tool in flash, but when I do that the lines look a lot less prominent (like the opacity of the lines is put on 50%) and I really need a nice, solid white framework of lines for this website…and since it’s dotted and now one pixel is missing I have 4 area’s that have slightly larger gaps and blocks of 2 pixels instead of one.

if that made ANY sense at all LOL

excuse me if I can’t explain any better, english isn’t my first language.

ROB

I think I solved it. Instead of placing the image exactly on X:0 and Y:0

I put them on X:-0.4 and Y:-0.3 and now they look flawless.

WOOHOO

ROB

What version of Flash?

a rule of thumb so to speak is that PNG-24 is the best to export/import into flash with. not only does flash (mx 04) support transparency while designing, it gives you more control on positioning. i have noticed what you are talking about (when using jpgs) but i’ve never had that problem with png.

:slight_smile:

for some reason, flash crops off 1px on the right and bottom of imported jpgs/pngs. That’s what you experienced. So in the future you can simply increase the canvas size by 1ox. :wink: Of course if you don’t need left and upper edge, you can do what you did as well.

The best two things I can tell you is to move your images to exact numbers (ex. x-4.0, y-7.0) and if that still doesn’t solve your problem, save your images as png24 or gif and leave a couple pixel clear border around the outside of your images. That’s what I always do and your problem should be fixed.

It sounds like your canvas is too small for your image. Just try increasing the canvas size…