Inserting images in text fields

Hey,

In my application there is a title bar with drop down menus that lets you select a sub menu. Once clicked, below the title bar, on top of an image (acting as a text box) it sends it to the frame where the text is sitting on top of the image, it can scroll (within the text field, can’t control the image) but its only with the mouse wheel there is no scroll bar. Since its just a text field I can not insert pictures within it and i cant insert pictures seperatly if i want to scroll it.

The question is how can I sort this. I need to have both images and text with a scroll bar with the text box having my image as its background. I have a tutorial that shows how to do it with masks. It’s a totally different lay out and it seems a bit advanced for me and so I’m finding it hard to understand. Is there an easier way around this? I’m looking for the most basic answer or direction to a tutorial

Thanks for any help in advance