I have £50 (around $90 US) for anyone who can help me with a smallish hurdle that I have come across whilst developing an interactive map application for my employer.
A basic project summary is:
- This is an interactive map of a small town in England
- This map is attached to a Business Directory database so that businesses in the town can be displayed on the map in their correct locations
- The data from the business directory is being streamed into the SWF in XML format (which is generated by a PHP script that is linked to MySQL - that is all working fine though, so is irrelevant)
- The data is currently being displayed using the built-in data components in Flash MX 2004 Professional
What I need:
- There are a list of business categories that appear on the left hand side.
- When a user clicks on a category such as “Hotels” I would like all hotels to appear (using the hotel symbol) in their correct locations on the map.
- The x and y co-ordinates are supplied with the XML feed.
- THEN, if a user clicks on the hotel symbol for any particular hotel I would like the details of that hotel displayed.
- Obviously this procedure would apply for any of the categories (eg “Doctors”, “Pubs”, “Nightclubs” etc etc)
- All of the data that’s required for the above functionality is currently being successfully streamed in by the XML feed
You will need:
- Good actionscripting abilities
- Understanding of MX 2004 Pro Data Components
I know this is not a lot of money but it’s all I have (as I’m paying out of my pocket) and my boss needs this done this week.
Any help would be awesome. I can pay by PayPal, credit card, international money order… you name it and I’ll do it :} . If you are interested please let me know and I’ll send you the .FLA.