Interactive menus - NEED ADVICE

I’ve taken a few Flash classes, but did not learn near the extent of what I would like to use. Here’s what I’m trying to figure out how to do…I would like to have pictures / icons of my menu items moving around the screen, then when I rollover the menu name (separate from the pictures), I would like the motion items to slow down and the corresponding picture to be highlighted, and if I then click on the name I rolled over, I would like the picture to further expand (get larger and have text added, etc). I just read about how to use rollovers with targets, but I’m not sure how I would go about having animation change with a rollover. Any one have any ideas?

How do you want to make your movies move ??
pom 0]

For instance…if i had 3 balls floating around on the screen, in random paths, and then i rolled over the word (which would be on the side menu) “Ball 1”, I would want all the balls to slow down and the ball I designated as Ball 1 to get a little bigger and change colors and the other 2 stay the same. Then if I cliked on the word “Ball 1” I would want the balls to stop and "Ball 1 to get larger and text appear inside it. Then on a roll out, I would want the balls to continue moving at the original speed and same colors. Does that make more sense?

Yeah, but that’s not easy to do. I’d advise you to check the random motion tutorial, if you haven’t done it yet, and the rollover tutorial.
If you master them already, my call would be : in the buttons :

on (press) {_root.ball1.pressing=1 ;}
on (release) {_root.ball1.pressing=0 ;}
on (rollOver) {_root.ball1.rolling=0 ;}
on (release) {_root.ball1.rolling=0 ;}

In the ball1 clip :

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (pressing or rolling) this._xscale = this._yscale += 5 ;
else move () ;
}

move is Supra’s random motion function. That’s just off the top of my head, that won’t work if you put it like that, but it should give you a start.

pom 0]

www.cazal-eyewear.com/cazal.html — This site might give you a better idea of what I’m talking about. Once you enter into the Flash site and click on Menu - collection - sunglasses — there is a bunch of green circles which are animated. When you rollover one, it expands, but the rest keep their original animation. That’s what I would like to figure out how to do. Hope that helped!

It’s pretty much like the advanced rollover tutorial.
I made an ugly version. You can find the source at www.multimania.com/ilyaslamasse/rond.fla

pom 0]

yeah that is pretty ugly pom…almost as bad as your dragon

Jubba, you’re such a great support for me, you provide such an insightful and clever point of view everytime you post something about me that I think I’m gonna build a statue of you in my room.
Thanks again.

pom 0]

We love you Pom…:slight_smile:
I wouldn’t suggest going completely random though the sphere’s on my homepage suck up the processor speed. I’m retooling now for that reason.