Hi,
I am trying to make a siimple mockup for a site – in flash - and i am running into a problem. I basically made buttons for a menu - and then when each button is pressed (onRelease) it calls a movie clip or graphic which is in the library and plays it in the same screen.
Admittedly (and here is where the problem is) I looked at the tutorial lesson entitled “interactivity” in which Macromedia shows how to utilize the attachMovie function.
However, it doesn’t work when I used the same code?
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks so much,
sorry for the n00b q, but i have searched and have not found a simple answer.
midhel
the entire code
stop();
// The About Movie
about.onRelease = function() {
this._parent.attachMovie(“about_text”, “abt_txt”,1);
abt_txt._x = 150;
abt_txt._y = 250;
};
// The Portfolio Movie
portfolio.onRelease = function() {
this._parent.attachMovie(“portfolio_mov”, “port_mov”,1);
port_mov._x = 150;
port_mov._y = 250;
};
// The Current Projects Image
projects.onRelease = function() {
this._parent.attachBitmap(“projects_txt”, 1);
};
// The Contact Image
contact.onRelease = function() {
this._parent.attachBitmap(“contact_text”, 1);
};