IPOD unseated?

I’ll give you this, ipod’s are MUCH better than the ipod mini’s, but I still think they’re not very good :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I think both the mini and the original iPod look cool, and my reason for buying a mini is:

1. Looks kool and matches my PB (they are made in the same material and have the same color)
  2. I only listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I don’t need space for more than 1,000 songs.
  3. Uhm… They are small.
  4. Yeah, that’s about it.
  5. Uh huh.

how can you only have a thousand songs!!! and I think the ipods look better with the pb, but that’s my opinion. Their just a bit smaller and still cost tons of money, you could go for fifty dollars more you can upgrade to 15 gigs, almost four times the size…

Yeah the chilis haven’t made more than 1000 songs so the mini will suit me fine :stuck_out_tongue:
ahh I dunno, I’ll see which one I buy when I’m in the store :wink:

ugh, I think the mini is a total ripoff of the ipod, and it sucks even more by far! and why would you only want the red hot chili peppers, I know their good but you’re going to get tired of them within a day… :stuck_out_tongue:

On a brighter note, I was buying my dad a mini, he can’t think of more than a thousand songs and he’s been around for 54 years. Anyways, there I am, and this husband and wife come in and pick up two 40GB ipod -$499.00 a pop. The guys turns to his wife and said how many Gigabytes you want? She replies what’s a gigabyte.
I think to myself here I am saving my *** off to get my dad what he wants and this dumb *** just dropped a grand on technology that neither one will ever truly use or need. Just my two cents.

that sucks, but for only fifty more you can get almost four times the size… it just doesn’t make any sense to me

ahhahaha within a day ahahah
dude, I’ve been listening to them for 2,5 years and I’m still not tired of any of their songs :wink:

and you don’t listen to anything else? you never listen to the radio?

MP3 really isn’t that great a format nowadays (it used to be, but now Ogg Vorbis and AAC and formats like that are better) - it’s all in the ubiquity (yes I know I spelt that wrong ;))

FYI, I use flac for all my music (i’m a quality freak)

I’ve been listening to Foo Fighters too, but nothing beats the chilis :beam:
ooohh radio, no way, they just play j-lo, eminem and other crappy stuff on radio. uh uh, no radio for me thanks, me don’t like mainstream music.

wow! you’re telling me you’ve seriously only listened to two bands for two years. Nothing else?

i hated the screen i’m tired of the old-style green-light screen!
the look doesn’t beat the iPod (in my opinion)!
but if had the choice i’ll buy the sony anyways, why it’s small, has a good compression tool, good navigation tool(i can already feel it, again it doesn’t beat the iPod!), and its a cheaper plus its a sony.

thats my opinion :slight_smile:

[edit]
it’s 400$, nevermind i’ll buy the iPod
[/edit]

by the time you buy it thought it could be as low as 200$, because it’s the same hard-drive as their computers and the manufacturer is going to give them discounts for quantity probably

yeah, okay, I’ll admit. sometimes (maybe once or twice / month) I listen to George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. That’s it :stuck_out_tongue:
I’d say I listen to

95% Red Hot Chili Peppers
3.5% Foo Fighters
1% George Clionton & Parliament Funkadelic
0.5% Mainstream (it’s impossible to miss - it everywhere AAAAHHH! :P)

I’m guessing the drives used in their desktops are bigger (physically). A 250GB drive is bigger than a 20 GB drive.

I mean they use 20 gig hard drives or something in their computers and have multiple or something, but that’s just a guess… maybe you’re right

I see what you’re saying. For a 250GB hard drive you’d have to have at least 12 of them, so I’d say they use something a little bigger than that. :cap:

probably

Or we could go further. The LaCie “Bigger Disk” is 1TB. 100 20GB hd’s? I hope not, the thing’s pretty small.