IPOD unseated?

Well I don’t think they should be in your pocket.

too much talk about pockets in my thread guys :wink:

sorry, I was just trying to defend the product you suggested :wink:

I’m just defending the product you mentioned in the title of the topic. The official name is more like"iPod" though…

And it’s 485 or something dollars

All my friends and I have the 15 gb ipod

If this thread isn’t about the iPod, how come the title is “IPOD unseated?” It is about the iPod, and new competition for it.

In any case, looks do matter, even if it is in my pocket most of the time, because I know that I sure as heck would like to look at my nice sleek iPod more than that ugly thing when I’m looking through songs or showing it to on of my friends.

Plus, as far as the CD player comment, CDs could get easily scratched up. And I’d much rather carry one thing, and a CD player has never fit comfortably in my pocket.

Nope, not pocket, that’s correct, but in the lil’ bag with the Flash book, lol…always cary that around anyway, so doesn’t matter…
Another advantage of mp3s on CD is I can listen to them outdoors, AND pop the cd into my comp’ or DVD player and it works just the same, no need for any connections or whatever… And normal audio cds work too, so if I ever buy a cd again (why wouldn’t I…?), I can listen to it straight away, no need to get back home to the comp, and convert it 1st… And it was way cheaper than any mp3 player :smiley:

To each his own…

I will not buy one of these. First, coverting sucks, second, iPod is cool, third, I just bought a mac and I’m thinking about the iPod mini in silver case, it’d look really cool beside my powerbook. Sorry Sony, no luck over here :wink:
(Also, what were they thinking when they designed that? - it looks like something they brought straight in from the 90’s ! Green display! Whoa!)

There’s a philips on the market with 15 gig… for the half of the IPOD :stuck_out_tongue:

Creative Zen Xtra 30 GB Jukebox, also one you might wanna look at… it has 12 hours play time that’s 4 more then anny IPOD…

Won’t match my powerbook as well as the iPod mini though :wink:

why would you get a mini? it doesn’t hold like anything…

I have to admit, iPod Minis look horrible. I want the regular version, they’re nice enough as it is, I don’t need color to spice it up :wink:

I’ll give you this, ipod’s are MUCH better than the ipod mini’s, but I still think they’re not very good :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I think both the mini and the original iPod look cool, and my reason for buying a mini is:

1. Looks kool and matches my PB (they are made in the same material and have the same color)
  2. I only listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I don’t need space for more than 1,000 songs.
  3. Uhm… They are small.
  4. Yeah, that’s about it.
  5. Uh huh.

how can you only have a thousand songs!!! and I think the ipods look better with the pb, but that’s my opinion. Their just a bit smaller and still cost tons of money, you could go for fifty dollars more you can upgrade to 15 gigs, almost four times the size…

Yeah the chilis haven’t made more than 1000 songs so the mini will suit me fine :stuck_out_tongue:
ahh I dunno, I’ll see which one I buy when I’m in the store :wink:

ugh, I think the mini is a total ripoff of the ipod, and it sucks even more by far! and why would you only want the red hot chili peppers, I know their good but you’re going to get tired of them within a day… :stuck_out_tongue:

On a brighter note, I was buying my dad a mini, he can’t think of more than a thousand songs and he’s been around for 54 years. Anyways, there I am, and this husband and wife come in and pick up two 40GB ipod -$499.00 a pop. The guys turns to his wife and said how many Gigabytes you want? She replies what’s a gigabyte.
I think to myself here I am saving my *** off to get my dad what he wants and this dumb *** just dropped a grand on technology that neither one will ever truly use or need. Just my two cents.

that sucks, but for only fifty more you can get almost four times the size… it just doesn’t make any sense to me

ahhahaha within a day ahahah
dude, I’ve been listening to them for 2,5 years and I’m still not tired of any of their songs :wink: