Is there a loss in movie quality when

Do you lose quality or processor speed when you load the movie to be played into a parent movie? Like, if the child movie is very processor-demanding would you lose quality just because it is not a single SWF, but an SWF calling another SWF into itself?

Because I have tried this out and the child movie seems to be choppier than when I run it by itself. Also, kind’ve off the subject, why does flash not detect the same fonts Photoshop does? Is there any way to control what fonts Flash sees?

Thanks you guys! I’m a lurker here but I knew this would be the right place to ask about technical flash stuff.

Flash has an _quality that can be changed at runtime, even by a swf loaded into another. So if the swf you are loading has a script like _quality = “low”; in it, it will change the quality of the main swf too.

Because I have tried this out and the child movie seems to be choppier than when I run it by itself.

This is probably the case when the framerate of the main swf is lesser than that needed by the loaded swf. Make sure that fps is constant or greater in the loaded swf.

However if the loaded swf is actually performing some CPU intensive tasks like, multishape morphing, large animation cross-fades, etc, then there isnt much that can be done, short of optimizing the swf to load itself.