JavaScript and ActionScript playback control

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Hello all,[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I am completely new to this forum and to actionscript and flash. I have been studying and researching for a solution to my problem for some time without succes. I am hoping that this forums membership can help me.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I have an HTML page created using Dreamweaver CS3 which contains a SWF movie produced with Flash CS3 (movie duration 9min57secs). [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I have deliberately excluded the addition of a skin and the movie is placed in a ‘Pause’ condition when the page opens.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Within the HTML I have a Javascript function which produces a duration value ‘x’. (which is an integer of milliseconds)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]My requirement, and my problem, is that I wish to pass this duration value to the Flash video in such a way as to instruct the video to ‘resume’ play and then (after ‘x’ milliseconds duration) pause the playback and await the next ‘resume’ instruction from Javascript.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I am aware that Javascript and Actionscript can pass instructions to and from one another using ‘ExternalInterface.addCallback’ and ‘ExternalInterface.call’, however, all the tutorials and forum examples I have studied and viewed to date show only how to pass text, or to run a very short video to its end and invariably they all involve the use of a button to instigate the function.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Can anyone direct me to, or provide, AS JS coding that performs the functions I have described above.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Thanks.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]