Just wanna know

hi guys! i am currently working on a presentation with few voice overs… and what i did was to attach via AS… so there i linked it and have checked the “export for AS” and “export in first frame”… since this presentation we’ll be on the web and quiet huge, i made a preloader at the very start of the movie the movie.

…now here’s my question,

…will my preloader work since i have check the linkage option “export in first frame”?
(my preloader is 100% working with the audio)

…any idea? (having a separate preloader was my last option)

http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19073

?? :slight_smile:

hi kax! nice to hear from you again… =)

so i have to drag the entire 200+ voice clips then on a certain frame? …huh huh… poor me :sniff: …is there any workaround about this master?

200+ sounds!? Ok… that was not an option. :stuck_out_tongue:

As you mentioned, I’d load the movie dynamically. That’s the easier way, I believe. :-\

*Originally posted by kax *
**200+ sounds!? Ok… that was not an option. :stuck_out_tongue:

As you mentioned, I’d load the movie dynamically. That’s the easier way, I believe. :-\ **

hahaaa… this sounds crazy right? =) …hmmm i am thinking of placing the whole voice clips on a separate file and then just load them to the main file (that’s possible right? …and the linkage will still work fine right?) …but before i should do that, is there any other way i can set the linkage option “Export to First Frame” to something like “Export to Frame :__”? :stuck_out_tongue: …i think if macromedia has made that alternative life would be much easier! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure, but I don’t think it will work. :frowning:
I’ll do some tests later. :wink:

By the way, I agree about the Export to Frame # thing… :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah! heeeheeee …let me what you come up with. and thanks in advance…

i’ll do some xperments too…

haha - I’m so stupid. :stuck_out_tongue:

It does work. Just make sure to target the MovieClip where you loaded the external SWF when the Sound object is defined.
[AS]// create empty MovieClip
this.createEmptyMovieClip(“soundMC”, 0);
// load SWF
soundMC.loadMovie(“Sound.swf”);
// define Sound object instance
mySound = new Sound(soundMC);
// attach sound from the Library
mySound.attachSound(“idName”);
// start the sound
mySound.start();[/AS]
I could attach sample FLA’s if needed (I didn’t attach the files in this post because I deleted them :P). :wink:

woooah!!! youre the greatest! :stuck_out_tongue:

oh man… a million thanks to you! mwah mmwaah mmwaaah!!! :P:P

:stuck_out_tongue:

You’re welcome, noxious. =)

:thumb:

kax! huh huh… it all working now except that there is a strange sound when i press my back button… I have already placed “stopAllSounds();” at every start frame of a label but still the strange sound persists! (it appears only on some buttons… sometimes from this button then sometimes to the other button)

…huh huh this driving me insane! got any idea?

Not really… I don’t feel like guessing what the problem is, so if you could attach the FLA… ? :beam:

woooh you got new name! =)

…yeah i love to but i just can’t… it’s my companys’… :frowning:

…i think i need to sqeeze my brain some more… and more…

anyhu, i’ll just ask you with another Q… say i have a 3MB file, which one would load faster? …loading the entire 3MB file? or loading it by pieces simultaneously? (and please “educate” me a bit with your reply if it’s ok with you.)

Yeah! Do you like it? :stuck_out_tongue:

And no rush, let me know when you get the FLA. :slight_smile:

As for your question…

I have no idea… but I’d say the 3MB file. :sure:

I’ll see if I can find some info about it. To educate you, I need to educate myself first. :wink:

EDIT. You know what? I changed my mind, load it by pieces simultaneously. :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by kode *
I’ll see if I can find some info about it. To educate you, I need to educate myself first. :wink: **

that was the safest yet the finest answer! =)

man i got it workin, (stupid embicile me!) ,i forgot to set the “sync” property to “stop” for i have placed an audio off-frame of th presentation… atleast i now know =)

kax tnx for evrythng, if you were just here i could treat you some pizza! :stuck_out_tongue:

•for the loading, i’ll take your initial guess. :beam:

::thnx KODE! :thumb:

You’re very welcome, I’m glad you got it to work. =)

Anyway, I’ll still search a bit about the fastest way to download the file, now I want to know that too. I’ll let you know if I find anything. :slight_smile:

I’d also take my initial guess, BTW… :stuck_out_tongue:

hehee hee …let me know then! :thumb:

Bans: -7
Style: White by Kitiara

…hmmm :trout: