Karen Hall & Co

Dare I suggest an autoplay button? It could just fade between images, and then if the user goes to your thumbs section then the autoplay stops and they can chose whatever image they want?

No, the reason I don’t want to put a slideshow function on it is because it would take up to much CPU to crossfade them ALL THE TIME. And quite personally I would think that it would be more annoying to the masses more so than the few that think that this method seems to be cumbersome ;). I personally don’t like going to sites that have a predetermined amount of time that I’m allowed to examine a photo, or art. Personally I can’t think of any site that I would enjoy watching a slideshow, unless it was for some sort of instructional presentation.

However, more importantly… client loves the site :smiley: already got 4 other job offers based off the release of that site so… seems like it’s a success :smiley:

Congrats man. Good work

i was using the term slideshow loosely. like you, i hate any site that determines how long i can look at a photo. i was more just referring to a system with previous/next buttons.

haha. i’m definitely not surprised. despite my usability tirades and nitpicking, i do like the site. so i’ll stop for now and just say nice job.

No no… don’t need to. I love feedback, it’s great for the next up and coming jobs :D. But just as you’re adament about wanting to see a possible change, I have to be just as adament about why we chose to do what we did :smiley: :thumb2: so I wasn’t takin it in a negative way at all :smiley:

nice and well polished, I’m not a fan of popups but you don’t care so thats probably irrelevant, but why not give the user a choice anyway? (I had to disable my blocker to view it)

Because the size of the site utilizes the about 755 of the 768 in height, the site doesn’t go fullscreen just for the heck of it is because all that area is being used. If it was contained in a window with all the bars, ex. status bar, file bar, google bars… etc. you’d be forced to scroll the site.

sounds like a fair enough reason

(my popup blocker is quite over-zealous btw, I set it to normal and it worked fine)

:lol: no worries I had to disable mine :lol: too

Awesome! 4 new jobs is defo a success

:lol: yea… but they are all girly sites :frowning: :sigh: don’t want to get stuck in a rut :lol: thank God for my other projects :lol: