Line of dead pixels?

I just noticed on my laptop (IBM Thinkpad) that there is a line of dead(?) black pixels at the top of the screen. By line I mean a whol row of pixels stretching across the width of the monitor. I didn’t notice it before because it was right at the base of my task bar (which I keep at the top of my screen) but I see it now and its starting to annoy me.

I don’t have much experience with dead pixels, but I’ve never heard of a whole line going out like this. Is anyone else familiar with it? Could this be something else other than a dead pixel issue? I took a screen shot just to make sure its not some rogue app doing this, and it checked out (no line on the screen shot). Could this instead be something like “stuck” pixels and not dead ones? :ko: