Loading affiliate page into custom Frame page - Trouble linking (target)

Hi

I’ve signed up for an affiliate page and they gave me a link to place in a frameset.

The idea being that I can attach my own Logo and links back to the main website.

So far things seem to be going alright, I’ve got the frameset built using Dreamweaver, and my navigation is above the Frame loaded external page.

But my Navigation links keep loading the links back to the main site (for example index page) into the narrow frame box meant to house the navigation.

I’m trying to get the navigation bar to, when clicked, get rid of the entire frameset and bring the user to the home page, but I can’t get the target attribute to work. It works if I apply a link to the logo and give it the target of _top but I have to use different code on the navigation buttons. I’m applying a div link like this:

<div id="Button04-Products_" onclick="location.href='products.php';" style="cursor:pointer;"></div>

I tried something like:

<div id="Button04-Products_" target="_top"  onclick="location.href='products.php';" style="cursor:pointer;"></div>

But it still seems to load into _self

Any help wold be appreciated, I don’t know what to do.

Also are there anything I should be using other then Frames?
Hopefully something simple in this case, I only need to build this one page and have it match the rest of the website.

Thank you for your time.

-Lem