Loading external text into a attachmovie window

well, it looks to me like a paragraph so I am not sure i understand your issue there. To change font color, size and type, change your properties of the dynamic text box you are loading those into. Also you can set spacing of paragraph, set up a multiline wrap, set kerning, color etc…

It looks like a paragraph but thats not how I want it to look. Its supposed to be like this:

"Totally 80’s Sundays
orange county’s ultimate 80’s nightclub & martini lounge

every Sunday Night

dj danny - dj nelson - dj bobby & guests spinning all your favorite
80’s Flashbacks - New Wave dance hits & requests

full bar - martini lounge - drink specials - great food - pool tables - huge
dance floor - 80’s visuals on 10 plasma tv’s - outdoor heated patio - great
atmosphere - free parking

21+
8pm til 2am

$5 cover all night long

no dress code but 80’s fashion is welcomed

located at:
Bar 330 - downtown brea -
330 w. birch st.
brea, ca"

i altered your txt file to do what i think you want but i cant test it causet the scroll buttons don’t work. How od i post the txt file?

go to POST REPLY

and click BROWSE to attach a file.

try this

Ok that looks way better. Now, I have to ask… is this all the control I have? I understand I can change the font properties, etc.

But as you can see, it looks very boring.

Maybe I can open a new post asking if XML is the way to go to get more control.

I attached the working swf file so you can see for yourself with the contact.txt you created.

not sure…good luck, I think I have helped all i can. XML is something I know nothing about

Thanks for taking the time man, we have accomplished alot here.

hey there Steady…

I have read your post, and it is the only one on the net that i can find that seems to address my concern as well! I am able to load the text from a text file, although my code is a bit different… but i cant seem to make it read the HTML in the .txt file.

and i dont know if i just have the concept of it all wrong… hmmmm but i have read that you can load a .txt file that has html 1.0 code in it,… and it will load into your flash file, and actually be formatted how you want it to be.

let me know if you came up with any solutions to this. I would appreciate the advice.!

thanks.
-me :tb:

There is a option in the dynamic text properties to “Render text as html”. Have you done that?

actually,… yes,.

I managed to figure it out. I think the key was somewhere in character embedding. Than k you for the reply!

-:tb:-me