Loading MCs in sequence

I’m working on a project where I’m loading and playing a series of MC’s from the main movie. Each MC replaces the previous one (eg all are played on level 1). This is done and is currently working well.
<thought>
I’d like to be able to specify the order to load/play each MC by using an external text file, so that the project file does not need to be updated just the text file when updates are desired.
</thought>

Any pointers or help would be appreciated or if I have been in any way unclear about what my objective is let me know.

Cheers,

ianc7

You have the variables saved in the text file such as “firstmovie=a.swf”, “secondmovie=b.swf”, etc. Then when your movie loads, you load the variables from the text file, then when called a movie to be loaded, instead of using the exact swf names, just use the variable names. I’ve never used this method before to load movies, so I’ll try and post a fla if I can, unless one of the mods hasn’t already done it…

By the way, you can do better than 997!

yeah that should work, I’ll just use a limited # of movie clips I don’t think that more than 6 would be needed ever, now that I think about it. I’ll just set it up that way.

I had originally thought of using no limit to the # of MCs ie. that the main movie would have the logic built in to count the number of clips then load/play in sequence using a for/next style loop.

Cheers,

ianc7

This post is just in case you missed my last post - we both posted at the same time…

I was taken away from the task at hand by my 7 year old son, when I returned my time had elapsed :frowning:

I can and will do better…

Ah, oh well, next time…