Loading swf within swf

ok ive got a navigation bar and i want to load an swf file below it what code or whatever do put it kirupa told me

on (release) {
_root.contents.loadMovie(“extensions.swf”);
}

but i figure i must have to do sumthing else because tha doesnt work. do i have t set it up anyway.

thanks

-Tom

loadMovie(); is a global method, so it’s syntax follows like so

on (release) {
loadMovie(fileName,location);
}

so

on (release) {
loadMovie(“extensions.swf”,_root.contents);
}

PS - nice sig. Did I send you the source code for that? Not that it matters… just wondering where it came from and I can’t remember giving it out.

yeah i asked u for the source coz its so cool i just sorted out my nav bar it works now so im on route to full flashville i missed something out of the source file kirupa sent me but its sorted now thanks alot.

-Tom

np… glad the project is working.

glad you like the sig enough to use it. :slight_smile:

u a pink floyd fan coz i saw ur name dark side of the moon just wondering oh yeah when i make movie the homepage has sum text on it and u click on a buttons and the text n th homepge doesnt go

I love Floyd. I come from the age of man where we worshiped floyd and zeplin as gods.

concerning your question… can you explain that more?

i am a 16 year old who should have been in that age i got 13 albums ish of floyd but hey

the question im havin a bit of trouble when i have text on the first page i just made it in the same fla as the nav bar thats prob the problem how do i fix it also i have uploaded the nav bar and a few pages and it seems to be looping whic isnt very useful heres the url

http://www.geocities.com/typhoonextensions/navbar.swf

i can send yu the fla files if u want to have a lookat them