loadMovie

ok, i understand i have to use the above command if i want to load an external swf into a main swf.
my question is, how do i configure the size or where to position the external swf from within the main swf (assuming it would be loaded into a level other than the root)? that command line can go inside a button but there is no object/movieclip which i can drag inside the display area so i’ll know where the external swf will eventually appear.

if u want it to appear to a ceratain place u have to use a target movie clip.

or you could make the stage the same size in all your movies and then simply put things where you want them!

>>>if u want it to appear to a ceratain place u have to use a target movie clip.

that’s exactly what i’m after for. an object like a movie clip which i can move or resize inside the main timeline of the mainswf. coz if the loadMovie code is just to be typed inside a button i would still be left without an object representing the external swf which i can position inside the display area. thing is, if i am to use a movie clip, what should this movie clip contain? coz if i import the external swf inside it then it would defeat the purpose.

Hey sidky,
The movie clip would contain absolutely nothing. Create a blank movie clip and give it an instance name. From there, you can target to load the external SWF into the movie clip.