Long sound clip in a button

Hey guys , Im new to flash and am trying to make a button that plays a sound file ( 2.5 seconds long ) I have not reouble making the button play a short sound like a “click” but it keeps clipping the longer sound file ( you can only hear the sound for less than a second or so )

is there a way to make the button play the complete sound file and get the URL at the same time - before i figured out where to apply the GET URL , the sound file played all the way through - but the button did not work , I finnaly got the button working and now it clips the sound file

any help you guys could offer would be great !
also - if this question has come up already please point me in the correct direction

thankyou
Chris

Hello,
There is no way to have the Flash file continue playing once the actual animation has been removed due to the loading of another page. What you can do, is open the Hyperlink (URL) in another window. That should allow the sound file to play in the background will the new HTML page opens in a new window.

I hope that helped. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reply back.

Regards,
Kirupa Chinnathambi
[email protected]