Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Game Programming

Though I might do a little book review for you guys ;).

Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Game Programming is a great book if you want to learn the actionscript and techniques you need to create a cool flash game. It is one of the books Senocular gives as a game programming reasorce and I am very happy with it so far. Make sure you are comfertable with flash before you buy it though because the authors Craig Murray and Justin Everett-Church spend very little time going over the flash authoring tool. You should also have a basic understanding of actionscript as well. I was able to skip over part one because I already understand basic programming concepts like loops and operators. I have however fully understood everything I have read so far and I have a feeling this will be one of the few computer books that I will accually finish :p. The author walks you through the creation of many cool games including a space invaders and a pinball type game. He also shows you how to make a 1 or 2 player tick tac toe game with varrying difficulty in single player mode. Including many others. The books also spends a chapter on object oriented programming in AS 2.0, physics, and AI (tick tac toe).

Overall well rounded book and I’m off to read some more!