Marketing 101?

In short, how do you go about marketing a site… especially of the type listed in my sig, the Small Blogs Network one? I plan to advertise it in my school using promotional posters however, other than that I have no idea on how to promote it on the web… Execpt by continueing to update it and hope it get somewhere?

Also, I hope to add some small banner ads and whatnot becuase in the long run I’d like it to pay for the hosting at least once over. But my short term goals is getting trafficm any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

[quote=Theros;1983402]In short, how do you go about marketing a site… especially of the type listed in my sig, the Small Blogs Network one? I plan to advertise it in my school using promotional posters however, other than that I have no idea on how to promote it on the web… Execpt by continueing to update it and hope it get somewhere?

Also, I hope to add some small banner ads and whatnot becuase in the long run I’d like it to pay for the hosting at least once over. But my short term goals is getting trafficm any ideas?

Thanks a bunch![/quote]
Trade linkage with people. When my site is sweet to go I’ll give ya some :slight_smile:

[quote=esnetni;1983421]post articles or something useful and post in on www.digg.com
Become Affiliates with sites (trade links)
Of course post your site on sigs.
Submitting to search engines
I might think of a few more soon.[/quote]

I’ve got #3 and #4 down already. Anyhow, I’ll post something on Digg later. However, how would I go around doing the affiliates thing?

search for sites similar to your and email the owners to see if they will trade links.

http://www.pixel2life.com/tutorials/general_website_development/marketing/
great articles on marketing

Awsome, thanks for the link. Any more ideas?