More slideshow help please

Ok guys I’ve got one more question for y’all.

In my slideshow, I have the control panel in a movieclip that pops up when the user rolls over a certain area of the screen. The problem is that I want one version of the control panel to pop up if the movie is stopped, and a different version to pop up if the movie is still playing. Basically, the stopped movie will have “next image” and “previous image” buttons, while if the movie is still playing, the user will only be able to pause.

I currently have the “stopped movie” version on a different frame in the controls movieclip.

I was wondering if there’s a way for the movieclip to determine if the main movie is stopped or playing, and go to a cetain frame based on that info.

In other words, if the main movie is still playing I want the controls movieclip to play normally, but if the main movie is stopped I want the controls movieclip to start on frame 25.

Is this possible?

Thanks very much,

matt

I have an idea that might solve your problem. On the frame or movieclip that you want, attach this code.
for a frame:

playOrNot = true;

you can place this at the start of where your movie plays or animation plays. Then you can attach this code to where your movie stops or to a button if you want to manually stop the playing of the movie.

for a frame:
playOrNot = false;
if(playOrNot == false){
_root.gotoAndStop(25);
}else if(_root.playOrNot == true){
_root.gotoAndPlay(“playanimation”);
}
for a button:
on(release){
playOrNot = false;
if(playOrNot == false){
_root.gotoAndStop(25);
}else if(playOrNot == true){
_root.gotoAndPlay(“playanimation”);
}

Basically what I’m doing is saying that when your animation or movie is playing playOrNot should be TRUE, but when you stop the movie or at the frame that it stops at you make playOrNot = false then a set of actions are preformed. You can change them to fit your needs

Kyle