"Motion Tweening" vs. "Actionscripting"

which is faster? motiong tweening or using actionscripting for simple stuff in a flash movie.\rFor instance if I just want to simply move a graphic across the screen…or resize it, which is would be better? or would they be the same?\r\rthanks…appreciate any replies.

depends on what you know. If you know actionscript, then it would be easier that way. If you don’t know actionscript then you should use tweening. It all comes down to how much you know and how good you are with what you know. Someone who doesn’t know actionscript could accomplish the same thing using tweens that I could using actionscipt. The scripting would be easier for me because I know it and I wouldn’t have to go thru the trouble of creating all of those motion tweens. However, for the person who doesn’t know actinoscript, for them to find the necessary script and all of that, it would just be easier for them to tween…

ok thanks for the reply Jubba…but…it’s not about who knows what…let’s say someone knows both.\rWhat i really want to know is…if you produce the exact same effect with both tweening and actionscript…which is faster or which requires less cpu usage? or are they the same?\r\rthanks…

I would use Actionscripting. I only use tweening when absolutely necessary. I’m not sure about CPU usage, but for me using AS is faster and easier.

I’m not sure about that, but tweening takes room. Actionscript is just text, so it takes no space at all…\rAND you can keep everything inside one frame very easily with Actionscript.\r\rpom 0]