Multiple permanent Flash/AS3 positions available at a successful and expanding Games company based in Reading (UK). We have more work than we have people to do it!
I work there myself, and all employees have been asked to put out feelers. I don’t want to publish the name of the company here, but will do so if you’re interested in applying.
I’ve been here a year, and am really enjoying it. It’s a developer-led company whose directors agree that while delivery is important, so is having fun. Our clients are some of the top gambling sites in the world.
We are looking for Actionscript developers with AS3 skills at the level of proper software development, ready to create games and UI interfaces of a high standard.
Working in a small team you will be responsible for developing on-line gambling game clients predominantly in Flash Actionscript 3.
You will be working alongside HTML5/JS developers making similar games, and there may be opportunities to cross-train if you show potential.
You will typically be the solely responsible for a given game development project and will follow the development from conception to maintenance. During the development lifecycle you will liaise with the Creative Director and artists, sound engineers, and other developers.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience developing Flash/Actionscript applications. Knowledge of C++ and/or mathematical modelling and statistics would be an advantage.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Adobe Flash.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Actionscript 3.
• Ability to work as part of a small, multi-disciplined team.
• Ability to follow projects through from start to finish and to use own initiative where required.
• Meticulous attention to detail and a very formal approach to coding standards.
• Willing to work hard and learn new skills as required.
• Knowledge of design patterns such as MVC, Observer, etc.
Additional skills that would be an advantage:
• Knowledge of C/C++.
• Knowledge of mathematical modelling and statistics.
• Experience of Scrum/Agile.
• Knowledge of version control systems (SVN, Git etc).
• Actionscript 2
• HTML / JS / CSS
The salaries on offer depend on experience but will be highly competitive.
PM me and I’ll tell you where to send your CV.