Multiple Rollovers using Dynamic Images

Hello anyone, everyone, someone…

I’ve got 12 buttons in my portfolio that are multiple rollovers…when you hover over a button it changes color and a dynamic image pops up on the page next to it.

I used the Kirupa tutorial on loading dynamic images and it worked great in loading the image, the problem is when I hover OFF the button, the image stays put and won’t unload…leaving me with an overlapping mess of images by the time all 12 buttons have been pressed/viewed.

I’m sure it’s as simple as “unloadMovie” or something, but me being novice to Actionscript I can’t make it work properly.

Here’s the original code that works properly:

on (rollOver) {
loadMovie(“portfolio1.jpg”, “Web1”);
}

Now what would the next statement be that would unload(?) the image from the page when I hover OFF the button?

Jay

Me again,

jsut to clarify what I have so that I don’t waste time on the obvious, here’s exactly what’s in my first button action:

on (rollOver) {
loadMovie(“portfolio1.jpg”, “Web1”);
}
on (rollOut) {
unloadMovie(“portfolio1.jpg”, “Web1”);

}

And exactly what error shows up when I test the scene:

Scene=PORTFOLIO, Layer=WEB Menu, Frame=1: Line 5: Wrong number of parameters; unloadMovie requires exactly 1.
unloadMovie(“portfolio1.jpg”, “Web1”);

I have NO IDEA what “exactly 1” means in the error!!!
So I can’t figure it out for myself any further…

Any suggestions? Am I doing this all wrong?

Thanks

Jay

Try

on (rollOut) {
unloadMovie(“Web1”);

}

or

on (rollOut) {
Web1.unloadMovie();

}

unload movie doesn’t care what’s in the movie, it only needs the movie name.

get rid of the jpg argument.

That’s the ticket!!!

Thank you very much gentleman, I’m on my way to buy some “friends of ED” stuff right now so I don’t have to ask uneducated questions anymore!!

btw, sbeener…you work at Blast Radius by any chance?

I used to live in Vancouver about a year ago, I was the lead client designer at the now bought-out Stockhouse.com.

Say Hi to Cory Christians and Arch for me if you do…

Peace and thanks again!!!

Jay