MX return to main timeline

Im in a movie clip, on the 1st frame of my main timeline.

Once my movieclip has reached a point/finished, I would like return to the main timeline.

Anyideas??:q:

what? what are you talking about! All objects are displayed no matter what timeline they are on!

Ok, This is my setup.

On 1st frame of main timeline, I go into a movieclip (1). Then into a another movieclip (2), which is inside mc1. Now, I have a movieclip (3) on the MAIN TIMELINE… How do I target that?

I’ve tried _root.movieclip3.gotoAndPlay, but because Im already in a movielcip, is that wahy its not working?

I want to get to the ABOSLUTE root/timeline of my movie…

_root.movieclip3.gotoAndPlay(frame no.) Should work, unless u had mistaken with the instance names.

Try instead of _root.movieclip3.gotoAndPlay

_root.movieclip3.play();

Tried that as well Sorcerer:*(

Thats wot I thut - ITS NOT WRKING!!!

Heres my flash so far:

Hierarchy

MAIN TIMELINE
| |
| |
MC 1 MC3
|
|
MC2 HERE is where I need the code to target MC3

Try:

_parent._parent.MC3.gotoAndPlay(10);

although it’s exactly the same as _root.MC3.gotoAndPlay(10);, but try it anyways.

_root.mc3.play(); HAS TO WORK!
check the instance names and stuff just to make sure!

Both should work syko. :o Try attaching the Fla File.

this is strange!:crazy:

CRACKED IT!!!

I THINK…

_parent._parent.interrfaceIn.gotoAndPlay(2);

That wrked - thanks every1, esp h88 SUPER MODERATOR!

Cld hav possibly been bcoz the mc I was trying to target was previously a graphic symbol, which I then changed… sumtimes u hav to delte the symbol and make it agian for it to register, rite???

You can’t target a graphic symbol :q:

Yes I know u can only target MCs (whice are symbols neway!!)

Wot I meant was - I had originally created a graphic symbol, which I then wanted to target, so changed its behaviour to a Moveiclip.

And I dn think Flash recognizes wen u do this… maybe a bug, as Ive kum across it in the past. I fI want to change one symbol to anutha IE graphic-movieclip, it only works if I delete the symobl and use a new one - just changing the behaviour duznt seem to wrk!!!:q:

Hmm, I’ll test that later.