My Site Got Ripped?

Ok here the drilly peoples…

I made a clan website, which a client payed me to do. I showed this site to a friend, who works for a record label as a web designer/developer or whatever he does. His company is obviously incorperated, and I’m not nor is the client who I made the site for.

he didn’t steal the graphics but you will see the simliarity. this kid is a freind of mine and i really don’t knwo what to do. I didnt talk to him cuz how do I tell him “yo, you ripped my site”

I do not want to get sued or have any problems, what do I do

I’d rather not post a URL as I dont want him to get fired or anything, im afraid people may write emails to the webmaster and he’ll get in a ton of trouble

good advice golgi…

just make sure your friend is the type of guy who will take being called a ripper the right way, and not blow up on the messenger…

It’s not worth your freindship to be in the middle… unless it is eating you up inside, then you have to say something, or end up looking like Phil… and nobody deserves that… including Phil.

Rev

*Originally posted by redGolgi *
**i’m not saying that your friend ripped anything, because we have ideas, and some of us have the same ideas, so he could have made the same site without ever seeing the clients site, and he genuinely wouldn’t be ripping it. but i have been copied before, and it makes me quite irritated, especially when i work very hard on something, so i can understand how the client is upset i think.

trust me Red, he ripped it :slight_smile:

edit: he raved about it to me for a week when he seen the site i made(not saying my site rocks or anything)

meh, slap a law suit on him… the winnings should cover the cost of the law suit the other guy is gonna belt you with :smiley:

*Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**meh, slap a law suit on him… the winnings should cover the cost of the law suit the other guy is gonna belt you with :smiley: **

lol na man it wont come down to that, trust me, he’s not stupid. he will know he’s wrong, and he knows me for years