Name for textbook exchange site?

Howdy Kirupians,

About to start up a site for a used textbook exchange - just for the university I’m going to for now.

Was trying to think up some derogatory names for textbooks to use, but couldn’t really get anything.

TextChange is already taken - couple other possibilities included “PulpSwap” or “SpineDump”.

Why not your schools domain + something

[whisper]I don’t think “derogatory” is the word you were looking for but I’ve been told many times that my english skills are horrible so I’m probably wrong[/whisper]

ExpertSexChangingBooks.com

Lollerz.

how about something like… SCHOOLNAMEtextbooks.com

If you want it to grow one day you can always start a new site based off of it with a new name…

Yeah I was thinking of going ufv.sitename.ca, then I can branch off into something like ubc.sitename.ca eventually - but was thinking more of a brand - does pulpSwap make you think of books?

^Thats pretty decent and catchy, if you don’t get any other suggestions that might just work.

I like spinedump better.

Yeah, I think spinedump is better too.

WeSwapTextBooks.com :sleep:

I like SpineDump as well, or WeSwapTextBooks.com …

TextbookTrader
PrimerWorld
SchoolbookSwap
BooksForTrade…BookTradeStore…BookTradeDepot
Abecedarium
EdealBooks
ReferenceExchange

Textbooktrader is by far the most intuitive of the ones in this thread.

That’s why it’s at the top of the list :wink:

Do not, for the love of text books, name it pulp-swap! All you’ll get is bunch of those sites linking to you…

Rabell has a site like this. He’s going to kill you right in the face when he catches wind of the competition. :wink:

http://www.weswapbooks.com/uk/

:open_mouth:

But he’s only “trying hard to be the UK’s #1 book swapping web community”.

I’m just in a tiny town in British Columbia, Canada. :smiley: