Need some help with mp3's and Flash

I am using Flash5 and I am making a cdplayer. The problem is the files are big. It comes out to 3.10MB is there a way either in flash or out to shrink the size of the mp3? BTW I am using Blade Encoder to change the .wav into mp3 format.

PeacE
-BoB

Well, by definition, MP3 is a compressed format of sound file. So the only solution to decrease the weight of your file is to compress it more with a MP3 producer. You can try a very low frequency and bit rates, but then the sound won’t be as good, and the high frenquencies will get mixed with the low frenquencies.

pom
By the way, how do you get the MP3 to play in your Flash movie ?

To get the MP3 into flash I just go to import file.

PeacE
-BoB

do not put your sounds in the main interface movie, nobody will want to wait for 3mb to download (ok if its offline though), make one clip with just the cdplayer desing, button actions loadmovie to bring in the sounds you put in separate swfs.
and don’t use blade, import your wav, much better quality, and use flash to compress (see other topic on sound here also…)
i hope this is clear, it’s a bit short…

I’ve about the same question. My mp3 file is quite big and I just want to use portion of the file. How do I handle it - to import part of the file. And how do I exactly use the specific portion of the song. Thanks for help.

you need to cut out the part you want to use in a sound editor like Cool Edit or Sound Forge, and import only that bit.

Thank you for your information, eyezberg. I think I’ve to take some time to study a new stuff. it’s new to me. Thanks.

Thanks alot.

PeacE
-BoB