Need Urgent Help!

Is it possible to pass info from one movie clip to the next e.g.

value of a Radio Button selected, can this value be passed from one movie clip to the next.

I know this can be done in different frames in one movie but I really need to be able to pass it to a different movie.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

L.

Yes you can. What are trying at the moment?

Hi,

I have a form that loads of multiple movies dynamically.

I have a list of radio buttons. The dynamically loaded movies suggest which radio button the user should suggest.

I want to pass the value of the Radio Button selected by the user to a dynamic text field in another form.

I had this form a later frame called “page2” and I was passing the data where I wanted it to go. Now however since I am loading the movies ontop of the first form they are staying there when I

gotoAndStop(“page2”);

so the only way I know how to get rid of the movies I have loaded dynamically if to load a new movie(which could contain the form I have on “page2”) and unload the initial movie.

So I need to know how to

pass the value of a selected Radio Button to a text field in another movie.

Thanks for your help.

L.

If your movies are in the same page, you can use local connection. Ultra powerful. But it’s undocumented, you’ll have to look for info at macromedia’s.

pom :asian:

Thanks for that!

But ultimately what I need to know is

can I pass the value of a selected radio button in one movie, to a text field in another movie, and if so how???

Thanks,

L.

Here a fla I’ve done as quickie. The question is in a movie in level 0. The answer is displayed in a movie in level 1

*Originally posted by flex *
**Here a fla I’ve done as quickie. The question is in a movie in level 0. The answer is displayed in a movie in level 1 **

I really appreciate that.

Thanks very much.

L.

Let me know it helped. Or not.

:sleep: What do you mean 2 movies? Like Flex did, 2 levels of the same movie, or 2 separate movies on the same page, or 2 movies on different pages???

pom :elderly:

My example was 2 seperate swfs - the main swf in level0 then another loaded into level1. Pom - I don’t understand when you say 2 movies on the same page, thats the same thing isn’t it? Page - stage? or html page?

Yeah, I meant 2 separate swf on the same HTML page, not in the same movie, Flex. Sorry to be confusing :elderly:

pom =)

It’s ok Harry Potter man

Don’t make me use the force against you, young Flex [SIZE=1]or was it a magic trick?[/SIZE]

Don’t know about force - that darthvader looks like he’s had more than a few…

*Originally posted by flex *
**Let me know it helped. Or not. **

Worked like a charm flex, Thanks alot, I really appreciate it.