Needa

Where can I get a test version of Swift to try

You can download it from their site, I believe. I think that they give you 30 days to play with it.

hmm a link a link… I know it’s here somewhere…

ahh, here it is… www.swift3d.com/Counter/counter.asp

as an added bonus, I see it’s selling for 139.00, and if you buy it now, you get a free upgrade to 2.0 which is due soon, and probebly will be a large step up from the origional. (I’m hoping 3D mesh manipulation tools. :slight_smile: )

I can’t wait till Swift3D 2.0 does come out. It seems to be really nice. Also, I really hope they spend some time and offer a good trial that cannot be hacked. I don’t care if it only supports the animation of a cube or something, but a free demo that has only the bare necessities will go a long way in increasing their sales. I know it may be easier to offer a full demo that simply won’t save the animation, but that will cause an ease of piracy.

Well remember too, and we could probably have a lengthy debate about it, that piracy has made many a program. I would say that Macromedia’s Flash was given a very strong push to become a standard, and mostly because it’s easy as pie to get a hold of. The nature of having something as an open source is even better for sales and developement, but a program being easily hackable is something that a lot of companies secretly strive for. In the end, they’ll put out what’s best for their numbers.

Not that I condone hacking programs. :slight_smile: (I just like that Flash is becoming a standard. It should be.)

You have a point upuaut. There are very few people that I know of in school that use a legit version of Flash. Then again, very few of them actually use Flash to the extent that professionals use. I found that downloading hacked programs is an addiction. You are more busy trying the get the next “Big Program” than actually use what you have.

I think Macromedia might have wanted people to use pirated versions of their programs, but I highly doubt ElectricRain did. If so, Macromedia could have opted out of offering a free trial also.

How do I make a 3D cube in Swift?

I found that downloading hacked programs is an addiction. You are more busy trying the get the next “Big Program” than actually use what you have.

aint that the truth. :lol:

“How do I make a 3d cube in swift?”

Use either flash, or Adobe Illustrator to make a square. Export it as an Illustrator 6.0 file. Open swift and import that file. You can choose options such as only importing the stroke, or both strokes and fills, or what ever. I usually just import the fill shape. Then using the sizing settings, make the depth, the same as the length and width. You now have a cube.

Or you could use the square charachter that is found in a Wingding or Webding font. Insert that character as text and then remove the beveled edges and make the depth equal to the width and height!

I will try that. Sounds easy enough.