Netscape and Tables

Using Frontpage, I had created a web page. It had too complex a table format, so it crashed in Netscape. I simplified the tables a lot, even eliminating things and adding in horizontal lines and text where some graphics within graphics had once been.

When I view the page in Netscape now, it does not crash, but if you change the browser size at all, the page tries to reload and then just shows a blank browser. Big boss says this is another table issue. Is it?

My main problem is that there are certain features that I cannot get rid of, such as a small search box within a column of “charts”. To clarify a little bit, I included a description of the table structure below. (I am afraid I am not authorized to release this url to anyone sorry.)
>>>
The whole table is at 100% width and height; There is a full height column with no inner cells on the left. It includes one graphic and a background. In the right column, there are three rows.
Within the first row, there is 1/ graphic, 2/component, 3/component, 4/spacer–(cell width at 80%).
Within the second row, there are two columns: 1/ text only, 2/ another table–this table has 7 rows of alternating graphic and text (each very small), the last row has a search function in it.–
Within the third row, there is a horizontal line and below it a component.
<<<
I have attempted to reformat the tables and they never end up exactly as before. They break up the images and text improperly or whatnot. Any guidence you can give would be appreciated!

Hello mohakee,
I have had my fair share of problems with Netscape as well. Why can’t everyone just use Internet Explorer !!

Ok, what I usually do, is once the page has been done in and works in Explorer, I go back to FrontPage and recreate all the cells and tables into one unified structure. Then I copy and paste all the text, images, etc.(not the cells or tables) onto a fresh HTML page. I use Netscape 6 to test my pages, and Netscape 6 does a fairly good job of handling complex functions like tables. Is it possible for you to show me a URL of the page you are having problems on.

I hope that helped. If you have any further questions or comments or, please don’t hesitate to reply back or post at the kirupa.com message board.

Regards,
Kirupa Chinnathambi
[email protected]

Kirupa,
I’m still kinda lost so I sent you the url by email. I can’t post it here, due to the fact that some of the info is confidential.

Please let me know what you think, because I have to be honest-I am not sure what you mean when you say to cut and paste just the text and images without cells and tables. I don’t think I could do that and still keep the structure of the site.

I appreciate your help,
J. Mohakee

I figured out a way around this problem. Thank you again for all your previous help.

-J. Mohakee