New Flash Game, My First Try. Critique for me?

I’d been looking around for two years for a fictitious economic multiplayer simulation. I wanted to build up a business and buy/trade stock based on the businesses success. Having no luck whatsoever, I dove headfirst into creating my own. Before starting three months ago, I had never worked with Flash, PostGreSQL, XML, PHP, Ming or the other technologies involved. A friend who had db experience, but none with Flash, PHP or XML, decided he join in the fray.\r\rIt has been three months. One month was taken off for sanity’s sake. Two months of work later, and we have www.roushi.net. I’m looking for critique on my first effort at Flash. The backend db is working, you can change information about your character, change your company’s divisions, buy resources, create products, and sell them to a market. Stock trading will work in one week. What I need is a bevy of professionals and amateurs to take a look and give me honest opinions. I’ve setup a test account with my email as the username, and the password of ‘test’. Please check out the site and read the story line under ‘Game Synopsis’, then click login and take a look around.\r\rwww.roushi.net\rusername: [email protected]\rpassword: test\r\rThanks for taking a look. Email me with comments, or post here. That’s my address above.

looks pretty cool! :smiley:

I don’t know how to play the game…but looked at all the screens and stuff.\r\rTry using pixel fonts…cuz the text is hard to read…\rumm…better colors ?

I was just reading about pixel fonts yesterday. That’s definitely going to be implemented. \r\rAs for colors, I just picked off the color board and will refine when the thing works. Any suggestions for colors? I need a blue theme, but my eye doesn’t match color well.