New Puppy!

Just wanted to share the newest edition to our family! Ares (pronounced Aries, but with original Greek spelling - as in Ares the God of War) is a pure bred border collie. He comes from a long line of champion herding, flyball and agility dogs. Many of his family members have set records for speed and herding excellence. Anyway, ‘nough braggin’ on him :stuck_out_tongue: Here he is :smiley:

And to show you the size difference between him and Willow, my half border collie/half black lab:

Anyway, just excited :smiley: and wanted to share.

awwwwwwwwwwwww :stuck_out_tongue:

Awww! They’re so cute. I loves my dogs I does. They’re both purebred black labs and they’re called Tilly and Tess. Tilly is Tess’s mother. If my digital camera was working I’d show you a picture, but it’s not so I won’t. Dogs are the best pets. They’re just so loyal and loving.

Wow - the dog looks so cute!

That is SOOO going in my resume…well I’ll replace “dogs” with “humanoids” :stuck_out_tongue:

…seriously, my grandparents were farmers who herded cattle hehe :slight_smile:

My cat.
She comes fom a long line of lazy, all time hungry cats.

awwwwwwwwwwwww :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks everyone, glad you think he’s as awwwwwwwwwwwww as I do :smiley: And, Kirupa, I wouldn’t be surprised if your grandparents used border collies on their farms for herding…who knows, maybe Ares’ great great great great grandmother tamed your grandparents’ farm animals…that would make us dog-in-laws, I think :stuck_out_tongue:

**edit, cute cat, McGiver…he/she loooks like he/she has the life…lazing around…oh, what I wouldn’t give for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww =) :P.

That dog looks…well yea but I won’t say it.

lol, scared someone might think you’re a softy? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes! I could use some ice cream now!

That dog is etuc!!!

roooooh… what’s up with the greek names ? my parents named my last four pets after greek gods. In fact it turned out they were simple mortals…

So I called my new pus§ycat Xena (who I hope is not more than a bad tv show)… And I laugh at my mom each times she tries to call her.

:lol:

lol - I guess I’ll name my next cat xena too

At least you all had the benefit of naming your pets! My first kitten was a stray that somehow found its way to my home. It had a collar and everything, and its name was Sugar. It was pure white…so maybe that’s why it was named that. So after a while of trying to find its owner unsuccessfully, we decided to keep it. Of course, it’s name was already given. I doubt that I would have come up with a better name myself though…I would probably named it after computer parts.

Sugar was supposedly a babe in the catworld, and it had kittens a few years later. I gave all of them away, but I kept the cute three legged one. I named it Skippy. I couldn’t find anything more appropriate besides Tripod, and Skippy was a cute beaver from the Animaniacs :stuck_out_tongue:

I then developed an allergy and had to give both of them away. Oh well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

close to my story.
the pic I posted shows the mother-cat.
she was a stray, but without a collar or anything (she was ~6 month old at that time), with the bad habbit to run into our house and hide. my mother kept throwing her out of the house.
she was always hungry (she wasn’t thin or scruffy, just always hungry) and even ate the stuff we threw on the compost pile.
So my mother placed the rests of the meat on dishes so that she could eat it more comfortable.
well somehow she stayed, got pregnant after a short while and got 3 babycats about 5 month later.
we kept the smallest one (which was and still is afraid of strangers).

I had a cat allergy, and I still have, but it didn’t get worse so that’s ok

our cat’s don’t have real names, but we call the smaller one “rabbit” since she hops away if she sees strangers and the bigger one “house pig” (someone came here and said “this is not a cat, it’s more a kind of house pig”) because she keeps eating everything you give her.
They wouldn’t hear on names anyway. so most of the time we say “the big one” or “the small one”

haha…rabbit for a cat is cute :smiley:

My sister married a computer freak, she named the newest kitten GUI :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow!
That is the cutest dog!!! Well ofcourse my silky terrior will beat that anyday! :wink:
But glad to see your adding new members to your family. They look beautiful!

Hahaha yeah my Uncle is a doctor and they named there two cats after doctor terms it is really funny when they call them.

Yea computer parts is a good idea :).

Next time name her motherboard or better yet, floppy :P.