Notebook Graphics Card

Hey,
I have a Mobility Radeon 7500 on this notebook, however, this video card is now pretty outdated. I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade my graphics card. If so, would I just be able to send it somewhere for someone to upgrade it? (like Best Buy… or something)

I’m using the Sony PCG-GRZ610

Not to my knowledge…although that would be really cool.

That’s one of the downsides of laptops. You can’t really upgrade much of anything except RAM and Harddrive.

My laptop has a crappy 16 mb card, but it does everything that I NEED it to do. I guess I should be working and not playing games anyways :slight_smile:

-teet

I never played with a Sony laptop, but most I’ve seen, you can’t do it yourself. Try asking Sony if they’ll do the upgrade, BestBuy might not do it because it’s not just ripping out a chip, it involves sodering so, things can fry.

Thanks, I don’t think it’s possible. It’s embedded on my motherboard, so they tell me it can’t be changed without changing the whole motherboard. I’ll just save up the money for upgrading to go twards an Area-51! :love:

The Area-51 is cheaper then my current notebook is… and look at the specs. :hugegrin:

Alienware r0x0rs. Hehehe. Their stuff looks cool too. You don’t see that in too many companies these days.

Yeah, there stuff used to be REALLY expensive, but now it’s pretty cheap.