Ok :)

sTILL having problems with that? :stuck_out_tongue:

hmmm… I kind of made something. Its pretty useless, but it does start out as a grid…doesn’t stay a grid for a very long time…

<a href=“http://www.livetoskateboard.com/curious/flowerGrid.html” target=_blank>CLICK HERE</a>

this is just me playing around with different stuff. Used getDepth() in there, and originally it had a Color changing thing…all just me playing around. I’m a little rusty cuz I haven’t touched Flash as far as scripting goes in almost 4 months…

I think you might as well give the prize to me now. I think this deserves it:

http://flex.funkyolive.com/test/kirupacomp2.html

Fla available on request

SIMPLY AMAZING!!! HOW DID YOU DO IT??? My only hope is that one day you will take me under your wing and show me the way… =) :stuck_out_tongue:

Peace

that was the best

Wow, compared to that entry I might as well just drop out now.

By the way: I was talking about Ilyas’ entry.
haha…:stuck_out_tongue:

It is not that complicated, really. Easing, that’s all there is to it. You know how easing works, don’t you? :slight_smile: This dot eases to this point, that eases to this one, etc.

pom :asian:

Well I sure hope I know how easing works Ilyas, I did write those tutorials…haha.

Ok, so I understand how it is done, but I have no clue how to apply it to each dot in a dynamically created grid.

I’d like to know this too…

Hmm… I’ll post a thread in this forum later (after lunch, hehe). It’s true that it could be very useful.

sTILL having problems with that?

ilyas, i knew you would laugh your head off… yes, still having problems. Silly, isn’t it??

Anyway, you have the right to have a good laugh! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh,and Flex… just great. Siple, elegant, dynamic. Very “naif”, “minimalist”, ha,ha,ha… A piece of art in a way :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey all,
Just wondering, would it be possible for those of you who have submitted to repost the links in a separate thread of its own in the Scripting Contest forum. I think it’d be easier for people to find/look at your work if it is different from regular conversation.

Thanks,
Kirupa :rambo:

Good idea, Kir. But can you please read the post in the tutorial section, something called Trigonometry tutorial?

And should we advertise on other forums or are you going to do it all by yourself?

pom :asian:

Hey Pom,
I can use all the help I can get in advertising on other forums. I already posted on Flashkit, were-here, ultrashock, actionscripts.org, and bit-101! I wouldn’t mind anyone going to these places and casually mentioning this in a conversation…but please don’t spam =)

Thanks again for coming up with the idea for this contest. I whittled the prize down to only one copy of Swift 3D V3, so we can have another contest similar to this a few months. I am also planning on asking other people for other ideas for prizes; don’t want to bug the nice people at Electric Rain too much!

PS: I think a trigonometry tutorial sounds really nice.

Cheers!
Kirupa :bandit:

Man, I almost had a heart attack when I saw your name at Bit-101! And the competition is going to be extra tough now…

Better get working :evil:

i hope it doesn’t get TOO tough!!

It’s not fair to leave us newbies eating your dust u know! :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw you there aswell Hannibal.

Hey eilsoe,
Yeah, the more people that participate, the more likely there will be some excellent scripters who submit amazing entries. This competition is primarily designed to showcase cool code using a grid. The prize is just an afterthought (kinda like a huge after-dinner mint).

There will be more competitions planned in the future that will get more people into the fold =)

Cheers!
Kirupa :bandit:

Ok, has anyone thought of a name yet? I am still blank.