Old Movie Preloader

I have an idea for a preloader, and I need your help. Instead of making a bar that tells how much info is loaded, I am making one of those old movie intros(you know where there are lines and dots flashing around everywhere). Then when the movie is loaded, I want it to do the little count down from 3 thing and then load the movie. Can someone tell me how I make it just keep bleeping around until the movie is loaded, and then when it is finally loaded, to start the countdown and go to the movie?

Also, what size is too long for a flash site? I dont want my users to be sitting around for 20 seconds just watching blips on a screen.

Thanks fellas

*Originally posted by buddylee *
Also, what size is too long for a flash site? I dont want my users to be sitting around for 20 seconds just watching blips on a screen.

Thanks fellas

on the 2nd part

well, what is your target audience? on a 56k modem, figure it takes 1 second to download roughly 40k… so if my math is correct, then that leaves around 800k in 20 seconds… :-\

When I was in school, the rule of thumb was 1 meg for the entire site… :cyclops: then again, the times have changed since then…

with loadmovie, you can have tons of material…i.e. www.kathleendughi.com , a site I just finished doesn’t have a single download over 120k… just a bunch of them when the user decides where he is going…

hope that helps on part of the question,

Rev:elderly:

Thank you for the reply reverend, but how do I make the movie a preloader? And how do I make it so when right before the movie is loaded, it starts the countdown?
Thanks

just make the scratched film parts as your preloader (instead of the % bar), then the countdown as the beginning of the main movie… =)

then you should have the effect you desire.

Rev:elderly: