Open new browser window in Flash

Hi, newbie here. I have created a webpage completely in Flash. I have also looked at your tutorial on opening new browser windows from Flash. I have had success with the tutorial but I have a question.

The website I created was for an architecture firm. There are several thumbnails of past projects. What I would like to do is have an image open in a new window when you click on a corresponding thumbnail. What is the best way to go about this task? I have several images I would like this to work with. Is this the best way to go:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=“JavaScript”>
<!-- Begin
function Launch(page) {
OpenWin = this.open(page, “CtrlWindow”, “toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=550,height=250”);
}
// End –>
</SCRIPT>
If so, how do you set this up so that if you want one image to appear in a 600X600 window then the next to be in a 300X300?

I guess my question is how best to do this??

Thanks

if those thumbnails are buttons, you could assign them with the corresponding url-s, using the “_blank” window property. they will open in new window. the size and the other properties (scrollbars., location, etc) are not a flash question. use this kind of script inside the document (.html) used as an url :

<script>
window.open(“URL”, “windowName”, [“windowFeatures”])
</script>

where features are:

toolbar, location,directories,status,menubar,scrollbars,resizable,width,height.

good luck!

or try this:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/newwindow.htm

Can you just use the target feature? _blank

[color=black]Sorry I’m a real noob at all of this…[/color]

If I use this method, how do use it with a series of thumbnails opening a series of windows…for example…

Let’s say I have an thumbnail image of an apple, I make that thumbnail of the apple a button. In the ACTIONS I would have:

[font=Courier New][color=#0000ff]javascript:Launch(‘http://www.website.com/apple.htm’)[/color][/font]

[font=Courier New][color=black]Upon publishing the animation I would insert this into the html document between the body tags:[/color][/font]

[color=blue]<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=“JavaScript”>
<!-- Begin
function Launch(page) {
OpenWin = this.open(page, “CtrlWindow”, “toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,width=550,height=250”);
}
// End –>
</SCRIPT>[/color]

[font=Courier New][color=black]So now what do I do if now I want another thumbnail, let’s say Orange, to open a new window with an enlarged pic of an Orange? Doesn’t the above text also affect the Orange window? How do I get the Orange window to have its own properties? Any help would be great.[/color][/font]