Output with Flash Site?

Scene=Scene 1, Layer=actions, Frame=1: Line 1: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances
on (release) {

Thats the message I get on my site when testing my site(as soon I hit, Control| Test Movie). The two links with buttons work and bring up the links but I still get that message. Is that bad or will that affect my site later on when its on the web? Any help, feedback, suggestions, etc. hehe. THanks for any help.

HALO

well it says that Mouse events are permitted only for button instances. Are you sure you’re using FMX?
Cuz in MX you can put mouse events on movieclip instances…

Im new to flash so plz bare with me…Yes Iam using Flash MX. I not exactly sure what you mean though. Iam using a movie clip to load external swfs??? Iam lost sorry Any more help?

HALO

Insert this code into the first frame on the main timeline:

urButtonInstanceName.onRelease = function(){
// ur code here, without on (release), etc..}
}

here is a quick example:

urButtonInstanceName.onRelease = function(){
_root.gotoAndPlay(15);
}

Hope it helps.

h88

hi…
if you want to put your code in the MovieClip… you can use this

on (Press){
_root.yourMovieClip.gotoAndPlay(2)
}

h88 this is a new features in Flash MX… it’s ver cool but if he will put the code on the button he has to use the old Method… :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by FlashSwimmer *
**h88 this is a new features in Flash MX… it’s ver cool but if he will put the code on the button he has to use the old Metod… :slight_smile: **

True, Callback are much easier though, u could control a whole game in a single frame in the main timeline, i hate the old way. :stuck_out_tongue:

me too but he did it so i want to expalin why this error appear to him…

i agree with you h88, i like the new features in MX it’s very [color=red]COOL[/color]

Alright I gonna give this a try when I have some time. I really appreciate all this thanks a billion.

HALO

you are wellcome any time

[color=red]FlashSwimmer[/color]