Debug screen driving me crazy!

k, it says i have on (release) and on (press) code to a non-button instance movie clip… i didn’t, but i removed the code from the offending movie clip just the same… and it STILL GIVES ME THAT ERROR!!! why!!? everytime i export my scene it does that… and it’s driving me crazy… ideas?

well, then you must still have the code somewhere. what does it say exactly. It will tell you the frame, layer and everything so just go directly to where it says the problem is and FIX IT!! :lol: good luck…

Symbol=left hand door with window icon movie clip, Layer=Layer 1, Frame=1: Line 1: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances\r on (press) \r\rSymbol=left hand door with window icon movie clip, Layer=Layer 1, Frame=1: Line 15: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances\r on (release) \r\r\ri went to the symbol on that layer and frame and removed the code and ran it again and it still said this error even tho there is no code in the movie clip…

check the frame in the timeline of the MC and the main Timeline, you may have accidently put the code there…or you can send the fla to [email protected]

That and if i click on the instnace, it opens into the “edit in place” of the movie clip, then if i click again, it opens to the button… so it IS a button… and the other 3 movie clips that are EXACTLY the same except for different movie clip names don’t complain… mind you the codei have WORKS it just complains in the debugger… not sure how i am missing it…

I had a frame action AND a movie clip action… Didn’t see the frame action till this morning. :slight_smile:

thats usually where the problem is. just missing a minor thing like that can drive you nuts.