Patterns in flash?

This may sound as a stupid question ( :h: ) but here goes anyway: is there any way to integrate patterns into flash? I mean, like the diagonal scan lign thingy or something like that?

Because lot’s of sites have, for instance, a title bar or something like that which appears in flash. But they always look like it’s impossible to be drawn in flash, that they were imported from Photoshop or something. But still, it seems they WERE created in Flash…

While typing this, I realise it doesn’t really make much sense what I’m asking here :ne:

But anyhow, I’ll change my question to this then: does everybody create everything in Photoshop first (like bars, frames/boxes to put content in, nifty buttons, etc…) and then import it into Photoshop?

I hope this made some sense :blush:

Cheers

does everybody create everything in Photoshop first (like bars, frames/boxes to put content in, nifty buttons, etc…) and then import it into Photoshop?

That makes absolutelty NO sense :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by El_Thierro *
**But anyhow, I’ll change my question to this then: does everybody create everything in Photoshop first (like bars, frames/boxes to put content in, nifty buttons, etc…) and then import it into Photoshop? **

:h: do you mean photoshop to flash or flash to photoshop?
photoshop to flash, all the time.
Flash to photoshop, never, the lines arent’ really smooth enough to do anything special with. Anything that i can do in flash i can do ten times better in photoshop. And yes there is a way to do patters in flash. Goto your color mixer, and where is has the color type option (solid, linear, radial, bitmap) choose bitmap and it should tile what ever bitmap you use. But i wouldn’t do it that way. I would just make a fill of a pattern in photoshop and import it that way. JMO

*Originally posted by El_Thierro *
But anyhow, I’ll change my question to this then: does everybody create everything in Photoshop first (like bars, frames/boxes to put content in, nifty buttons, etc…) and then import it into Photoshop?

Oooooooow…kay. I kind of messed up there :trout:
takes mental note: from now on, always reread message before pressing submit button

What I meant is: make 'em in PS then import into flash…but you guys kind of already answered that question. Thanks.

PS patterns to Flash ain’t too complicated; just use the paint fill option with a small PS pattern…

as for the line pattern; code it !
sumthin like
applied to a diagonal line mc, probably with a mask ontop

w = 0
(while w < 30){
this.duplicateMovieClip("e"+w,w);
this._x = 3;
w +=1;
}

now this could easily be done with the drawing api - but i dunno how to code it… a bunch of linetos